Are your garden plants ready for Extreme Cold Weather?
We know that every ten to fifteen years East Texas gets a bitter cold wave like Christmas of ’83 when temperatures plunged to almost zero. But Dont worry …..Here, we share with you some Great Advices !!
* Move the plant into an enclosed patio, the greenhouse, the garage, anywhere out of the weather.
* Use Water. It will help the plant tolerate the move. Or you can wrap the plant with cloth, not plastic film. Cover will help protect the plant from frost, but not from freezing.
* Layer the cover to ensure no part of the plant touches cover material that is directly exposed to the elements.
* A light bulb on an outdoor extension cord, or some other heat source, inside the cover will provide some degree of protection.
* Your other defenses are to ensure your plants are watered regularly and mulched heavily. Water deeply on a regular basis and pile on extra mulch. If winter brings a hard freeze your plants will have a better chance of surviving.
We Hope This article has helped you!!