Tips to Prepare your Grass for Winter !!
• Clear Debris: Remove dead leaves that are coming in contact with your grass because their presence may smother your lawn causing dead patches.
• Mow: Continue to mow the lawn until the grass stops growing.
• Pull Weeds : Patrol your lawn with a bucket, spade, fork and hand weedRemove any obvious weeds, roots and all.
• Aerate: Aerating is an important part of pre-winter lawn care. On a day when the soil is moist, not soggy, take a couple of passes around the lawn's perimeter.
• Apply a Top Dressing and Smooth: Where grass is sparse, prepare for seeding by spreading a half-inch layer of aged compost.This dressing should mostly disappear as you work it into your lawn.
• Feed: Apply appropriate lawn treatments, including grub killers, pre-emergent weed killer and fertilizer.
• Prevent Mosquitoes: Walk around your property in the fall to make sure you don’t have anything that collects stagnant water. Remember that Mosquitos breed when the temperature is around 50 degrees Fahrenheit.